Beef soba noodle soup is a light, yet hearty, dish that can be prepared and made quickly. Beef soba noodle soup goes well with spicy side dishes such as Napa cabbage kimchee (baechu kimchee).
- 3 bunches dried soba noodles
- 1 small handful dried dashima pieces
- ¼ medium radish
- 1 carrot
- 5 mushrooms
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 4 leaves Napa cabbage
- ¾ lbs marinated bulgogi
- ½ package tofu
- 2 small green onions
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp fish powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add 4 cups of water into a large ceramic clay pot and heat on high.
- Cut ¼ piece of a medium sized radish into thin slices and add to pot along with a small handful of dried dashima.
- Cut 1 carrot into thin slices diagonally and add to pot. Cover pot and heat on high for 5-10 minutes until boiling. Then set to medium heat and simmer.
- In the meantime, cut 5 mushroom into large slices, ½ yellow bell pepper into thin slices, 4 Napa cabbage leaves into small chunks, and set aside.
- Heat a shallow pan on high heat and add 3 bunches of soba noodles into the boiling water.
- After boiling the soba noodles for approximately 8 minutes, strain the noodles and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, add mushrooms, yellow bell peppers, and Napa cabbage into pot. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add marinated bulgogi to pot and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add tofu slices, green onions strips, 4 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp fish powder, 1 tsp salt into the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Place noodles into 4 medium sized bowls. Pour soup over noodles and serve.