: Main Dish
Korean spicy bbq pork is a popular Korean dish and is a very easy Korean recipe to prepare at home. Red pepper paste (gochujang) and red pepper flakes (gochugaru) are used to marinate the pork which adds the spiciness to this recipe. Korean barbeque pork is typically served with an assortment of vegetables, dipping sauces, soups, and stews similar to the way Korean bbq beef (bulgogi) and Korean bbq beef short ribs (galbi) are served.
- 1.5 lb thinly sliced pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 20 garlic cloves (1 bulb)
- 1 green onion
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp soju
- 1 tbsp Korean corn syrup
BBQ Pork Marinade Preparation Instructions
- Add 2 tbsp grated ginger, 20 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tbsp red pepper paste (gochujang), 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (gochugaru), 5 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp granulated white sugar, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 chopped green onion, 5 tbsp soju, and 1 tbsp Korean corn syrup into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Pork Marination Instructions
- Separate each slice of pork shoulder and path down each slice with a paper towel to remove as much blood from each slice as possible. This is done to clean the meat before adding to the marinade.
- Rub the marinade between each slice of pork shoulder until the pork is evenly coated in the marinade.
Korean BBQ Pork Cooking Instructions
- Grill marinated pork in a small frying pan for 5-10 minutes on high heat until done.