: Side Dish
- ⅓ lbs dried anchovies
- 10 shishito peppers
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp soju
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Korean corn syrup
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 dash of salt
Dried Anchovy Cooking Instructions
- Place ⅓ lbs dried anchovies on a large plate.
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan. Add the dried anchovies to the pan and mix evenly so all the anchovies are lightly coated with the olive oil.
- Add 3 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp soju, and 3 tbsp brown sugar into a cup and mix thoroughly.
- Sautee anchovies on medium heat for 5 minutes until they soften slightly. Pour in the soy sauce mixture over the dried anchoves and continuously stir with chopsticks, making sure they do not burn. Continue to sautee until the anchovies turn a golden brown color. Add 1 tbsp Korean corn syrup and sautee for another 5 minutes until done.
Shishito Pepper Cooking Instructions
- Remove tops from shishito peppers, rinse under cold water, and cut into thirds.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil to large frying pan. Add sliced shishito peppers to frying pan. Stir the peppers until they are all lightly coated in the olive oil. Sprinkle a dash of salt on the peppers and add 2 tbsp cold water to the frying pan.
- Sautee shishito peppers on high heat for 3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp Korean corn syrup. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce. Sautee for another 2-3 minutes until tender and soft.
- Add sauteed shishito peppers to sauteed anchovies and mix thoroughly.
- Place in serving bowl.